Advance from your LPN with our Nursing A.S. Degree - L.P.N. transitional
If you are a licensed practical nurse (LPN), you can earn credit for your experience and education toward SPC's Associate in Science Nursing degree. This program gives you the technical skills and scientific background you need to succeed in this lucrative field.
Please note: The deadline to apply for this program's Summer 2023 term has been extended to March 1.
This academic program prepares you for the following careers. All job data is provided by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL Metro Area Average
Projected employment for Florida
Projected Job Openings
FEATURES OF SPC's A.S. NURSING - LPN TRANSITIONAL DEGREE
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
- Prepares you for the national exam to become a Registered Nurse
- Provides lecture and hands-on clinical classes as part of your learning experience
- Takes two years to complete
- Fully approved by the Florida Board of Nursing
- Offers a day or evening schedule
- Transfers to SPC's Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
What you Will Learn in SPC's Nursing A.S. degree for LPNs
- Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric and geriatric nursing
- Theoretical instruction and clinical experience in acute, long term and community settings
- Personal, family, community and mental health concepts
- Pharmacology and medication administration
- Legal and ethical requirements of the profession
Nursing (R.N.) - LPN Transitional Program Associate in Science
Effective Beginning Catalog Term: Fall 2022 (610)
The requirements shown below are valid beginning Fall 2022 (610), and may not reflect degree requirements for current students. Current students should visit My SPC and view My Learning Plan to see specific degree requirements for their effective term.
This program is fully transferable to a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing at SPC or to any state university in Florida.
The day program begins in May. The evening program begins August and January. If admitted in May, you will have needed to complete additional general education courses prior to admission in order to graduate within the three semesters.
Access to a computer is helpful!
Minimum grade of "C" required in all courses.
Any student who makes a grade of less than “C” in a course in the nursing program that is a prerequisite to a nursing course will be ineligible to continue in the nursing program. Likewise, the clinical component of any nursing rotation must be satisfactorily passed. An overall 2.0 average is required to enroll in sophomore nursing courses. Credit must be earned in or prior to the prescribed
- the recommended order in which to take the program courses
- suggested course when more than one option exists
- which semester each course is typically offered
- if the course has a prerequisite
- courses that may lead to a certificate (if offered in the program)
VIEW THE RECOMMENDED ACADEMIC PATHWAY
If you have already started the program,
VIEW THE ARCHIVED ACADEMIC PATHWAYS
Please verify the Academic Pathway lists your correct starting semester.
Dean, College of Nursing
Florida CIP Code
Federal CIP Code
51.3801: Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse.
SPC's Associate in Science Degree in Nursing Program is fully approved by the Florida Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road N.E., Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.
Our Nursing Associate of Science Degree prepares you the National Licensing Exam for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN).
Continue your education at SPC
SPC's associate degrees in nursing transfer to our Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion degree for RNs. These include:
- Nursing Associate in Science Degree
- Nursing Associate in Science Transitional Degree for LPNs
- Nursing Associate in Arts Transfer Plan
To be admitted to our BSN program, you need an active, unrestricted, unencumbered RN license; an A.S. degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution; and to have completed certain prerequisite courses.
HEALTH CONTINUING EDUCATION
We also offer health continuing education through the Workforce Institute.
Please review the program admission guide to ensure your eligibility prior to applying.
- Nursing A.S. Degree, L.P.N. transitional Admission Guide for 2023
- Technical standards
- Students accepted into the program will be required to successfully pass a background check and drug screening.
|Term||Applications Accepted||ATI TEAS Test Window||Application Review||Student Notified By MySPC e-mail|
|Spring 2023: January||July 1 – Sept. 15||March 15 – Sept. 15||Sept. 16 – Oct. 31||Nov. 1|
|Summer 2023: May||Nov. 1 – March 1||July 15 – March 1||March 2 – March 21||March 22|