New legislation (HB 851) effective July 1, 2014, allows SPC to waive the out-of-state portion of tuition and fees for select high school graduates, provided they meet the following criteria:
- Have attended a secondary school (high school) in Florida for three consecutive years immediately before graduating from a Florida high school.
- Apply for enrollment at SPC within 2 years (24 months) after high school graduation.
- Submit an official Florida high school transcript as evidence of attendance and graduation.
- Are currently coded as a degree seeking student.
- Are currently enrolled in courses for the term the waiver is requested.
The waiver may be applied to students who are DACA or undocumented, but is not limited to undocumented students. If you meet the above criteria, please complete the Request for Waiver for Out of State Fees for Select Florida High School Graduates form.
You may submit the form and supporting documentation* to an Admissions/Registration office at your home campus or scan/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline dates for the term for which the out-of-state waiver is sought.
Please note: Receipt of this out-of-state tuition waiver does NOT constitute classification as a Florida resident for tuition purposes. Students who receive this waiver remain classified as non-Florida residents for tuition purposes and are NOT eligible for state financial aid, including Bright Futures. Students may apply for other scholarships, depending on the requirements of the individual program.
Have you been approved for this waiver and/or have made changes to your schedule?
Fill out this form.
*Supporting documentation may include but is not limited to: Copy of an Employment Authorization Card, Residency Affidavit, etc.