Welcome to SPC! Below are the steps that you should take in order to become an SPC GI Bill Student.
- Apply to SPC online. (the VA does not reimburse the application fee of $40)
- Apply to use your benefits and bring application confirmation/Certificate of Eligibility/other eligibility documents to your Veterans Representative. Please come in to your closest campus and get help from our subject matter experts or go to VA.gov
- Request that your academic transcripts be sent to SPC.
- Speak with a Veterans Services Student Support Advisor to determine if you will request your Joint Service Transcripts be sent to SPC.
- Take the placement test if required at the Testing Center on the Clearwater, St. Petersburg/Gibbs, Seminole or Tarpon Springs campus.
- Contact an advisor for help choosing your course of study. Note: Students must be degree-seeking to be eligible for VA benefits.
- Register for classes online via MySPC. Check registration dates on the academic calendar.
- Apply for financial assistance and/or student scholarships.
Final Steps Should be Completed ONLY After You Have a Class Schedule.
- Complete the Veterans Schedule Verification form. (Complete this form once to initiate certification, complete it again only if you make changes to your schedule)
- Fill out and submit the Veterans Application for 90-Day Deferment.
- If you rely on the CW Bill Young Tuition Waiver then you must complete the request each semester.
- Get your student ID card from your campus security office.
- Purchase your books from the campus Barnes and Noble or your chosen online resources.
We specialize in helping you make the most of your veterans benefits, so visit us today.
In accordance with DoE 34 CFR section 668, St. Petersburg College does not practice fraudulent or aggressive recruiting tactics.